There are 5 essential ingredients that comprise the formula for the successful sale of your home.
The pricing of your home must accurately reflect its condition. The general upkeep and presentation of your home is critical to obtaining the highest value for your home. Condition and age of the roof, plumbing, carpets, and paint all relate to pricing and sell-ability.
Basically - Lose the lived-in look and fix what is broken.
The pricing of your home must reflect its location. The better the location, the higher the acceptable price. School districts, high or low traffic, and highway accessibility, all need to be considered in determining the value of your home’s location. We cannot control the location.
Recession, inflation, interest rates, mortgage availability, competition, and the public’s perception of the general economy all make up the market. It may be a buyer’s market or a seller’s market. The pricing of your home must reflect the current nature of the market because we cannot influence the market. We can, however, take advantage of the market.
The more financing terms and options you accept, the more potential buyers there will be for your property. The pricing of your home must reflect the terms available. The easier the terms, the more valuable your property becomes. This is where my team of professional Affiliates really shine – by offering a broad, full-spectrum of mortgage products and options to both you and all potential buyers!
PRICE is the #1 Most Important Factor in the Sale of Your Home.
The consequences of making the wrong decision are painful. If you price your home too low, you will literally give away thousands of dollars that could have been in your pocket.
Price it too high, and your home will sit unsold for months, developing the reputation of a problem property…everyone will think that there is something wrong with it.
Failure to understand market conditions and properly price your home can cost you thousands of dollars and cause your home not to sell…fouling up all of your plans.
Setting the proper asking price for your home is the single biggest factor that will determine the success of failure of your home sale.
I Won’t Let This Happen To You!
We will utilize all our resources including market analysis, personal experience and knowledge, as well as market trends for your area to determine the best price for your home. We will do all of this with your personal requirements in mind.
You can’t afford any “guesswork” in this critical step!
BENEFITS OF PROPER PRICING
- FASTER SALE: The proper price gets a faster sale, which means you save on mortgage payments, real estate taxes, insurance, and other carrying costs.
- LESS INCOVENIENCE: As you may know, it takes a lot of time and energy to prepare your home for showings, keep the property clean, make arrangements for children and pets, and generally alter your lifestyle. Proper pricing shortens market time.
- INCREASED SALESPERSON RESPONSE: When salespeople are excited about a property and its price, they make special efforts to contact all their potential buyers and show the property whenever possible.
- EXPOSURE TO MORE PROSPECTS: Pricing at market value will open your home up to more people who can afford it.
- BETTER RESPONSE FROM ADVERTISING: Buyer inquiry calls are more readily converted into showing appointments when the price is not a deterrent.
- HIGHER OFFERS: When a property is priced right, buyers are much less likely to make a low offer, for fear of losing out on a great value.
- MORE MONEY TO SELLERS: When a property is priced right, the excitement of the market produces a higher sales price in less time. You NET more due to the higher sales price and lower carrying costs.
DRAWBACKS OF OVERPRICING
- REDUCES ACTIVITY: Agents won’t show the property if they feel it is priced too high.
- LOWER ADVERSTISING RESPONSE: Buyer excitement will be with other properties in the same price range that are properly priced.
- ATTRACTS THE WRONG PROSPECTS: Serious buyers will feel they should be getting more for their money.
- THE COMPETITION HELPS: The high price makes the others look like a good deal.
- ELIMINATES OFFERS: Since a fair priced offer will be lower than asking price and may insult the seller, many buyers will just move on to another property.
- CAUSES APPRAISAL PROBLEMS: Appraisers must base their value on what comparable properties have sold for.
- LOWER NET PROCEEDS: Most of the time an overpriced property will eventually end up selling for less than if it had been properly priced to begin with, not to mention the extra carrying costs.